Monday, January 17, 2011

Guess who finally got internet in her kot?

I did!

Just a few minutes ago I heard my elusive roommates moving around. I had to grab a friend from the hallway, so not only were my roommates out and about but it was absolutely mandatory that we cross paths.

I went down stairs and timidly, in my terrible French asked for help with the wireless internet. I don't know yet if the students call it like this, but our French professors call it WiFi as in "weefee!"

It was quite funny as the keyword was very long and it took them a while to remember and in the meantime we even got to talking, and I think I've learned their names, so I at least have three names I can yell in case of kot-emergencies :)

Later, they came up to invite me to their monthly kot-dinner when they will be making crepes in February.

More to come...

Also, in French, roommate is "camarade de chambre" but here at UCL you live in a "kot" or apartment. Each kot usually has a project, but instead of calling your apartment mates your "camarades de kot" they are called "kotcateurs" or "kotcatrices."

No comments:

Post a Comment