Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Map of Online Communities

Aw yay what an exciting assignment to have. I went to probably the most nerdy high school on the planet Earth, so it was not uncommon to see XKCD shirts floating around :)
So I have to say I am partial to the old map, even though the new one is more accurate!

I totally connected with the old map; I really miss yaknow, editing my myspace and thinking I knew HTML until I took a real programming class haha. I was all about giving out my AIM address and calling kids N00bz. I had to update my LJ with every terrible moment of my love life. The bay of angst had fast ships to last.fm and deviant art... those were the days.

Meanwhile I have more than dual citizenship on the new map. Everyone has email and one of my professors said "You aren't real if you aren't on facebook."
I finally got skype, but I've had twitter for ages and tumblr as well and my youtube accounts go way back. I'm surprised 4chan has that big of an island!

I think it's great he put these together. And it's cool to see how things have changed. I have been on a computer since I was young, looking for friends and information. It's the fastest and easiest way to connect with people and knowledge.

No comments:

Post a Comment